Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Goth Family- Part 8

 
The Queen went to visit her children in Richmond and to place her newborn son, Prince Mortimer, named after her late husband. She was leaving for Spain within the month, she was anxious to see her son, Prince Ferdinand.


For all the help he provided for the Duke of York, King Alexander bestowed the title, Earl of Hereford upon John Burb. Mrs. Burb, now the Countess of Hereford, was overjoyed to see her husband rise.
 

Along with the Earl's new station, he was give apartments at court, so he could bring his whole family to live with him at court, which please the Countess.

 
The Duke and Duchess were also living at court, the Duchess didn't care much for the Countess' company, but she did like her daughter, the Lady Lucy, whom she like to Lady Hereford.
 

The Duchess didn't dislike the Countess, there was just something about her that made her feel uneasy about her being at court.
 

The king also took a liking to Lady Lucy, she had been a Lady to the Queen, so he knew of her, but now that she lived at court with her family, he saw more of her and he enjoyed seeing more of her.
"Lady Hereford, you look very beautiful in that dress, it brings out the color of your eyes" said the King
"Your Majesty is too Kind" said Lady Lucy
"Nonsense, if anything, my complements don't do your beauty justice" the King whispered to her
 

The King was falling hard for the Lady, he wondered if she felt anything for him.
He asked her to dance, in hope to get close to her and talk to her.
"Lucy? is it okay if I call you that?" asked the King, as leaned in close to whisper to her.
"Of course, Your Majesty" the Lady whispered back
"I can't stop thinking about you, you are on my mind when I wake up and when I go to sleep, do you feel the same for me?" the King whispered into the Lady's ear.
"You are always in my thoughts and in my dreams, Your Majesty" the Lady whispered back
 

After the banquet, the King walked the Lady back to her family's apartments.
"Wait, Lucy." the King said, as he pulled the Lady close to him.
"Yes, Your Majesty?" asked the Lady
"May I kiss you, Lucy?" the King asked her
The Lady nodded, as the king pulled her in closer, her heart raced.
"Good Night, My Lucy." the King whispered to the Lady as he walked back to his apartments.
 

The King and his council were discussing matters of the state.
"Your Majesty, you should start looking for a wife, shall we start looking Your Majesty's options?" said the Duke
"I actually have someone in mind already" said the King with a smile on his face.
"Excellent, who, Your Majesty? I will make the arrangements with the Lady's parents." said the Duke
"It's the Earl's Daughter, Lady Hereford." replied the King
"Lady Hereford?" asked the Marquess
The Duke and Marques looked at each other, Lady Hereford was only the daughter of an Earl, to be chosen to be the next Queen of England and the mother of the future Kings, but it was the King's will wish to be married to the Lady.
"I will speak to Earl on Your Majesty's behave." said the Duke
 
 
Later that night, the Duke met with the Countess Jennifer. They had been waiting to meet all day, as soon as their eyes met each others, they embrace.
"My dear, how I have yearned for you all day." the Duke whispered in the Countess' ear
"My love, I have thought of nothing but being at your side" the Countess whispered back.


They both headed to the bed and laid in each others arms.
"I have some news for you, my dear." said the Duke
"What is it, my love?" asked the Countess
"His Majesty, wishes to marry Lady Hereford" said the Duke
"The King wishes to marry my Lucy? Who told you that?" asked the Countess, shocked with what she had heard
"I heard it from His Majesty himself." replied the Duke
"I can't believe it, I mean my daughter has told me that the King has expressed he liking toward her, but I never dream that he would take as his wife?!" exclaimed the Countess.
 
 
The Lady Hereford's Sister, Joan was turning 13, so to celebrate, her parents threw a banquet and invited the King to the Banquet.
(And of course, the King went to the bathroom when I took the picture.)
 
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    I am Anya Bennett, a financial writer. I write on several finance related topics like debt, loans, insurance, investment and so on. I came across your blog while surfing through the internet to find a suitable blog for writing articles. It is highly resourceful with rich and nice contents and has a vivid presentation. I must appreciate your hard work and wish you good luck.

    I was wondering if anyone here is looking for a positive loan lender to execute your project or financial needs? I'm recommending such a person to contact Mr Pedro Jerome (pedroloanss@gmail.com) who has helped a lot of young & old entrepreneurs around the globe for financial assistance so I'm very sure that Mr Pedro can help at a 2% rate loan service to anyone here looking for a loan.
    Thank you again for allowing me to write on your blog. I'm sure I provided you with an absolutely unique and relevant article so that it can be useful to your readers.
    If you are displeased with my short note, I cordially regret it in advance.

    My Kind Regards,
    Anya Bennett.

    ReplyDelete