Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Goth Family- Part 10


A year after the coronation, the Queen had been seen less and less, so many people were wondering if she had withdrew from the court. The Queen was pregnant with her first child, but that was not why she was avoiding the court, she wasn't use to being the center of attention.
"Lady Jennifer, I was wondering if Mrs. Pleasant and I may have an audience with Her Majesty" asked Lady Nina
"I'm sorry, but Her Majesty is resting and will no receive anyone today" replied Lady Jennifer
"But I will make sure to tell Her Majesty of your request." said the Duchess of York



The Duke and the Lady Jennifer continued their affair, they were content with their relationship, they were certain no one would find out. Little did they know, that someone who had been suspicious for sometime and instructed to follow them.

Sir John, Lady Jennifer's husband was tired of his wife tramping around with the Duke of York, so he decided to confront her, he knew couldn't confront the Duke because he out ranked him, but would make sure his wife would be reprimanded.

The Queen found out about her mother's conduct and confronted her.
"Mother is true what father told me, that you were having an affair with Duke."
"That is between your father and me."
"Don't you use that tone with me, I am your Queen."
"And I am your mother and you will respect me, regardless of my actions."

"HOW DARE YOU? I COULD HAVE THROWN OUT ON THE STREETS!" the Queen shouted with a tremble in her voice.
Lady Jennifer was shocked, her daughter never raised voice to her.
"Yes, you are mother, but I am also months away from not just being a mother, but mother to the King's child. How am I suppose to raise my child to be a good person, if you are tramping around. You will apologize to the Duchess, you will pack your things and move back to our family's Estates at Hereford, you will remove yourself from my sight." said the Queen
"Are you banishing me from court" asked Lady Jennifer
"YES AND IF I HEAR THAT YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR CONDUCT, I WILL HAVE YOU LOCKED UP IN A CONVENT." shouted the Queen
"Yes, Your Majesty" replied Lady Jennifer as she bowed and backed out of the room.


After a few months, the Duchess returned to court with her son, Don. She forgave her husband, she didn't hold any ill will toward the Lady Jennifer, she felt sorry for her, banished from court, by her own daughter and when she would be giving birth to her grandchild. But she felt more for the Queen, she would have to bring her child into the world without her mother.


Sir John was turning 40, so the Queen threw her father a banquet to celebrate, she kept it relatively small, only invited family and friends.

The more time Don spent with the Lady Joan, the more he became more addicted to her company.
"Are you going to be at court for much longer, Lady Joan?" asked Don
"My brother is moving back to our family estates at Hereford, my father and I are staying, I will be a Lady to my sister the Queen. What about you Don?" replied the Lady Joan
"My mother said I will going to university soon. But I intend on visiting you as much as possible." said Don.



As Don was walking the Lady Joan to her family's apartments, he paused in hallway.
"Lady Joan, may I kiss you, it will be a long time before I see you and I want to have this moment to hold me over until I see you again." asked Don
"Yes, you may" said the Lady


Suddenly, the Queen went into labor, her ladies and servants cleared her apartments of any guest and sent for the royal physicians. The Lady Joan, ran down to the King's apartments to let him know of the Queen's condition.


Now all everyone could is wait and wonder, would it be a boy? would it be a girl? Would mother and child have a safe delivery? Stay tuned!

Thanks for watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment