Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Goth Family- Part 7

 
The whole court was devastated, the Queen hadn't left her chambers since the King's passing, the Duke of York made all the preparation for the King's funeral, sent for the Prince of Wales, to tell him the news and to return to court and to prepare for the coronation.
 


Every noble in the Kingdom was invited to the Prince's coronation, the Queen, now Queen Dowager, gathered all her strength to come out seclusion to be present at the coronation, even the Prince of Asturias was present at the coronation, which was a delight to Her Majesty.
 

The Duchess of York stayed by the Queen Dowager's side, she felt the young widow, so as her father's daughter, she would be kind to Her Majesty. During the ceremony, she help notice the woman standing the Marquess of Winchester.
"Your Majesty, do you know who that is there?" asked the Duchess
"That's Mrs. Jennifer Burb, I invited her to court. She and her daughter are my ladies."
The Duchess nodded, she wasn't usually judgmental, but the thought common people invited to something as sacred as this, but they have been here and are doing a service to late King's widow, so for that she will overlook it.


As the Archbishop crowned and anointed the Prince, Now King of England, everyone rejoiced. They hoped for prosperity, the King was young and was still in of guidance, so the Duke of York was appointed Lord Protector over the young King, until he reached maturity. 


After the ceremony, a gentleman approached the Duke.
"Your Grace, my name is Mr. John Burb" said Mr. Burb
"Yes, Your wife is Mrs. Jennifer Burb, she and your oldest daughter are ladies to her majesty" said the Duke
"I wondering if I could to be of some help to you, I was told by my wife that you have been doing all the arrangements for the last two weeks." said Mr.
Burb
"Yes, it's true, I have been squaring everything away, I'm sure the Duchess would appreciate having me home, I sure I can..." said the Duke
Before the Duke could continue, the King walked over to speak to the Duke.
 

"Your Grace, we are needed by the council"
"Yes, Your Majesty. Allow me to introduce my new private secretary, Mr. Burb"
"Your Majesty, it's an honor to be your presence, may you live long years"
"Thank you, Mr. Burb. I hope you prosper at your new post."


After meeting with the council, The King and the Duke were discussing of the care of the Queen Dowager.
"Your Majesty, the Queen has requested to be allowed to live with her son the King of Spain" said Duke
"She may go live with the King of Spain, she will be given a pension, so that she may continue to live comfortably." said The King
 

"She asking is about her younger children and of what is done about them." said the Duke
"Her younger children will be place in our care, she will be allowed to write and to visit them." said the King
"I will inform Her Majesty." said the Duke

 
Weeks after death of King Mortimer, the Queen went into labor.
 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment