Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Goth Family- part 11


The kingdom rejoiced, the Queen had delivered a healthy little princess. The council had hoped that it could have been a son, to be the Prince of Wales. But the king was thrilled regardless, they named the infant, Isabella after the King's mother. But where was the Queen?...


The birth of the Princess was overwhelming for the Queen, so she rested to restore her health.
But after a day of being in bed, she could not stand being away from her daughter, she instructed her ladies and servants to help get ready, she was going to the nursery to see the Princess.


From the moment she saw her, she was enchanted with the small infant, her tiny fingers, her beautiful eyes, she was in love.
"Your Majesty, she is beautiful and so happy." said the Lady Joan
"Yes, she is beautiful, I don't want to be away from her for even a second." replied the Queen
"Your Majesty, the Duchess of York is asking for an audience with Your Majesty" one of the servants said
"Well my dear, I have to say one of my many good byes" said the Queen as she cuddled the infant.
The Queen then handed the infant to her sister and then followed the servant.


See then walked to her receiving room, where the Duchess was waiting for the Queen.
"Your Majesty" said the Duchess as she bowed, to which the Queen gestured her to take a seat.
"What can I do for, Your Grace?" asked the Queen
"I don't know if Your Majesty knew of the relationship between your sister, the Lady Joan and my son, Don" asked the Duchess
"I have noticed, but trust when I say that she is a very virtuous." said the Queen
"I know, it is why I want to ask if she is betrothed to anyone?" asked the Duchess
"No Your Grace, is your son interested in my sister?" asked the Queen
"He knows that the decision of who he gets to marry is not his, so he doesn't say he's interested. But I know my son, he is in love with her." replied the Duchess
"Well, you will have to discuss this with my father, but if when my father gives his consent, I will give your son to marry my sister." said the Queen
"Yes Your Majesty" replied the Duchess
"Now, would you like to meet the Princess Isabella?" asked the Queen
"I would love to, Your Majesty" replied the Duchess

As they walked into the royal nursery, Lady Joan was holding the Princess, she walked over to the Queen and handed her infant.
"Your Grace, may I present, Princess Isabella of England" said the Queen as she handed the infant to the duchess.
"Your Majesty, she is simply precious, His Majesty must be proud to posses such a jewel"
"He is, but he worries for her health, his thinking about sending to the country"
"But she looks strong, she also looks so much like His Majesty, when he was little"
"I've been hearing that from everyone, it pains me to think she will not be down the hall for much longer."
It sadden the Duchess to think of the Princess so far away from her mother, she couldn't imagine being away from her son.


"Have you appointed a governess for the Princess Your Majesty?" asked the Duchess
"Actually, I was going to appoint Your Grace, to be Governess to the Princess." replied the Queen
"I would be honored Your Majesty" said the Duchess


The Queen then headed to her chambers to change, when she ran into the King.
"Your Majesty, I've just come from the nursery" said the Queen as she bowed
"How is our daughter?" asked the King
"She in well, I was just heading to my apartments to get ready for tonight." replied the Queen
"We have a special guest joining us tonight" said the King
"Who, Your Majesty?" asked the Queen
"My sister, the Princess Claudette, she has come from Spain, where she was visiting her mother." replied the King
"I can't wait to meet her, if you will excuse Your Majesty" said the Queen


Later that night, a banquet was being thrown, to celebrate the birth of the Princess Isabella. Every noble in the kingdom came to congratulate the King and Queen on the new addition to their family.


The King and Queen made their way through the banquet hall to their seats, when a young lady of only 16 approached the King and Queen. The Queen had never seen her before, so she looked to her husband and she saw a kind smile on the King's face.
"May I present, My sister, Princess Claudette of England" said the King
"Your Majesty" the Princess said as she bowed to the Queen
"Welcome to our home, I hope everything is to your liking" said the Queen
"Yes, Your majesty" replied the Princess

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment